2. Do you believe taxes – not just your taxes, but everybody’s taxes – are:
too low about right too high
3. Do you believe government spending is:
too low about the right amount too high
4. Do you believe that government has:
too little power about the right amount too much power
5. Do you believe that government social and economic programs:
work very well. They regularly produce the results they are supposed to. work half the time. Rarely work. They hardly ever accomplish what they are supposed to.
6. Do you believe that government social and economic programs:
usually make things better for the people they’re intended to help. sometimes make things better. rarely make things better. They often backfire, and make things worse for the people they’re intended to help.
7. Compared to the stores you shop at and businesses you spend your money with, do you believe that government social and economic programs:
are economical and cost efficient. They deliver a great value for every tax dollar spent on them. are sometimes expensive and wasteful, but they still give us a good value for our tax dollars. are substantially overpriced and riddled with waste. They give low value for each tax dollar they cost.
8. If it were up to you, what is the maximum percentage of a person's income that should go to taxes -- that's all taxes, federal, state, and local? Out of every dollar, what's the highest percentage anybody should have to pay?
More than 50% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% or less
9. If it were up to you, would you choose to make government:
much bigger than it is today, with many more government programs, and much higher taxes bigger than today, with more government programs, and higher taxes the size it is today, with current government programs, and today’s taxes smaller than it is today, with fewer government programs, and lower taxes much smaller than today, with much fewer government programs, and much lower taxes
10. How important is it to you to substantially reduce government spending, make taxes much lower, and make government much smaller than it is today:
Very unimportant Unimportant I could take it or leave it Important Very important
Contact the Center for Small Government
All material on this
website is Copyright 2004 Carla Howell and Michael Cloud unless otherwise noted.
Reproduction without written permission is prohibited.