How You Benefit from
the Small Government Pledge
1. The Small Government Pledge is a Litmus Test. It simplifies and clarifies your choices. It lets you quickly and easily sift and sort political candidates into two groups: small government and Big Government.
2. Most politicians offer voters a grab bag of positions and proposals. Maybe you like one of the candidate's positions, but not another. The Small Government Pledge cuts the Gordian Knot. It separates positions from direction. Is the candidate moving toward small government or Big Government?
3. The Small Government Pledge vaccinates you against "the Burning Issue Trap." The urgent, compelling political issue that demands that you make an exception, that you vote for a Big Government candidate or proposal "just this one time." Politicians are masters at panicking and stampeding indecisive voters into bad decisions. Once you commit to the Small Government Pledge, you will be able to keep your word, stand your ground, and vote small government. Every issue. Every time. No Exceptions. No excuses.
5. "Something special happens when people personally put their commitments on paper: they live up to what they have written down," writes social psychologist Robert Cialdini. So many people are leaves in the wind. Not those who signed the Declaration of Independence. Not you. Not the other signers of the Small Government Pledge. As the great American Abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison wrote, " I am in earnest -- I will not equivocate -- I will not excuse - I will not retreat a single inch -- and I will be heard."
4. Because you view yourself as a small government voter, you will pick up, tune in, and pay attention to the Big Government and small government implications of political issues. You will see issues clearly.
5. Have you noticed the impact of Single Issue Voters? Abortion. Guns. Death Penalty. They are heard. Their impact is in excess of their numbers. The Small Government Pledge makes you - and everyone else who signs the pledge - a Single Issue Voter. Your single issue is small government. Your impact increases. And it will grow faster as others join us.
6. Signing the Small Government Pledge is a commitment. It brings you strength and opportunity. Here's why.
"Until one is committed there is hesitancy,
the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.
Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation),
there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which
kills countless ideas and splendid plans:
that the moment one definitely commits oneself,
then Providence moves too.
All sorts of things occur to help one
that would never otherwise have occurred.
A whole stream of events issues from that decision,
raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents
and meetings and material assistance,
which no man could have dreamt would have come his way.
I have learned a deep respect
for one of Goethe's couplets:
Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it."
--W. H. Murray, the Scottish Himalayan Expedition
Take the small government pledge now.